Monday, February 25, 2013

Natalie's baby shower





 


Saturday was my niece's baby shower!!  I was so excited for her baby shower, to become a mom for the first time is just so special.  I can relate to those memorable and unforgettable first moments.  Natalie's hostess did a wonderful job decorating the church, it was a beautiful room full of blues and greens!!  My sister in law also added a few decorations and food I believe.  After planning a lot of Natalie's wedding and baby shower I told Richard my sister in law should be a party planner she has such an eye for detail. Allison was my little buddy at the shower for a short time.  The day before she kept asking who was going to be at the shower and where was daddy and the boys going to be.  After having three conversations about it I knew she wouldn't stay at the shower long.  About twenty minutes into the shower Allison left early to spend time with her Uncle Manuel.  There was a ton of people at the shower, which meant a lot of gifts for Connor!  There was an assortment of wonderful foods, which I was still unable to eat boo (darn wisdom teeth).  I got to sit by some of Natalie's friends.   I was able to chat with a few of them, such nice and classy women.  The hostess had fun games: guess how many gummy bears in the bottle, how many toilet paper sheets fit around the belly, guess the baby food, and guess what candy is in the diaper.  My favorite part of the shower was watching Natalie open all Connor's gifts.  She got so many cute things.  It seems like yesterday when I was 34 weeks pregnant with Beckett at Natalie's wedding and here we are almost a year later and I am at Natalie's baby shower and she is nearly 33 weeks.  I cant wait for Connor to be born and to spoil my great nephew.  While we helped load all the shower gifts into my brother inlaws car both the boys were died alseep in the highlander, I had to grab a picture because they constantly fall asleep at the same time!






After the shower we went to Academy to buy Allison her bow and arrow, which she got because of her A report card!  I need to take a picture of Allison and her bow.  We also stopped by my sister and brother in laws house, they had found Allison a Dallas Cowboy's cheerleading outfit, which she wont take off because she LOVES it!!  Then we went to dinner with my mother and father in law.  It was so fun to linger in Midland and hang out with some of my favorite people.  Plus I was able to eat bread and popcorn shrimp, yeah for food and getting my stitches out this coming Wednesday.  The kids even had fun, and Beckett enjoyed getting loved on by his grandma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment