Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Beckett's 1 year check up



On Friday while we were in Midland Beckett had is one year well check.  The appointment lasted almost 2 hours.  The time went by with Dr D asking question's about Beckett, taking a blood test, and 3 shots!  Dr D believes Beckett is right on cue developmental wise.  The Dr and I were on the same page as far as some of the developmental areas Beckett needs to be at or reaching this coming year.  Dr D even called me a veteran mom!  Beckett weighs 24 pounds 71%, 32 inches 87%, head circumference in the 97%!  My kid has a huge head lol!  Beckett was not happy about getting his blood taken.  When the nurse told me to hold his other hand down I thought okay, but man Beckett was seriously trying to get at the nurse!  Then came the dreaded shots, I was soooooo bummed Richard couldn't be there.  I have always gone with Richard to the kids yearly check ups because this mama is not good at watching my kiddos get shots!  Seeing them get shots just makes me cry, and Richard always holds them down.  Poor Beckett was very surprised by the pain from the shot, he looked right up at me and his lips quivered and his eyes filled up with tears.  The next two shots he tensed up and screamed.  I had to sing to my little guy to get him to stop crying, it was heartbreaking. Beckett goes back at 15 months for another round of shots and a well check.



1 comment:

  1. Poor guy:((( Liam went today for his and him and Beckett are really close in size. Liam was 26.4 lbs and I think 31 1/2 inches but your boy has him beat on the head size :)))

    ReplyDelete