Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July 2013


This picture is from 4th of July 2012.  I remember this day very clearly, because it went by so slow and I WAS MISERABLE!  I honestly thought Beckett was going to be born in June, I was so sure that I bought a newborn 4th outfit.  Last year I didn't leave the house the whole day.  Richard worked the entire day because we were saving his days off for when Beckett was scheduled to be born two days later.  Richard got off work late and we headed to watch fireworks, that's the only celebrating we did.







I am so glad to be where I am an entire year later, happy to have my body back (ugh hate pregnancy), and most of all happy to have Beckett with us to join in on the festivities!  What a bummer that Richard had to work again this year, some big project at work everyone had to work in the office!  But I was determined to make the day fun and memorable!  Our church has a yearly 4th of July celebration bright and early at 7:30 am!  I loaded up the car and dragged all three kids out of bed, I AM NOT KIDDING they all were asleep!  The agenda for the morning was first a mile run/walk contest which I didn't make it in time for, darn kiddos lagging on getting dressed lol.  But we didn't make it just in time for breakfast which was sooooooo delicious.  I might be skinny but I love food, nothing passes this mouth unless I love it!  After breakfast the kiddos participated in a running contest by age group and both kids came in first in there age groups.  Then Allison came in second with her friend E in the three legged race, only second Allison says because her flip flop fell off!  Next the kiddos enjoyed a canoe ride around the lake. 




After the full morning of activities we came home an hung out at the house.  Allison and I made a strawberry cake topped with sliced strawberries.  At 3:30 Richard came home and we took the kids to see the new Despicable Me 2!  It was such a good movie, funny and cute!!  We came home and made fajitas and ate cake.  When it got dark we went to the park around 9 and watched the fireworks, I was exhausted by this point!  I have to say after our lame 4th last year we really celebrated.  Such an important day in America's history happy 4th everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your poor hubby is always working! He is a great husband and daddy! This years 4th was much different for the both of us! Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been crazy, he works so much these days! I am praying so hard for a transfer for more than one reason lol. We should hear some news soon if were moving!!

    ReplyDelete