Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My great newphew's baptism

Photo: Connor at his baptism.

I stayed an extra day in Midland Saturday to attend my great nephew Connor's baptism and dinner celebration.  The day was so crazy it almost felt like I lived two days in one.

Part one:  Attending Connor's baptism.  I felt so lucky to be able to be apart of Connor's special day.  I have actually never been to a catholic baptism.  Connor was dressed so handsome and seemed so peaceful and happy.  My niece and nephew in law looked so happy and in love.  Connor and his parents look like such a beautiful happy family.  Almost our whole family was there for Connor's baptism.  Little Connor was so quiet during the entire ceremony.  Later on that night we all got back together to go out to dinner.  It was nice to see everyone come together again and be able to watch my niece open all of Connor's gifts.  Connor is such a loved little guy and I can see the love that all his family members have for him. 

Having been an Aunt since the day I married Richard has been a wonderful blessing.  Although I often struggle because I don't feel like an Aunt, especially since my nieces and nephews are so much older.  My own Aunt Ruthie was amazing and I try so hard to emulate her.  Being able to be Connor's Great Aunt is such a privilege and I hope that he knows me and knows how much I love him.

Part two: My crazy day!  Beckett was very fussy Saturday, he was a different child!  I told Richard the nurses must have administered crazy juice in his shots!  I had to leave the chapel during the baptism and watch through the glass windows of the cry room because Beckett was crying.  I don't know if it was a combination of no nap, his still inflamed ear infection, him cutting his canine teeth, or the pain from getting his shots when he tensed his legs???  But my kid was not having anything to do with anything.  He didn't want to be held either!  At dinner it was much worse.  After barely an hour nap (my kid normal naps twice totaling to 4 hours) he was still cranky!  I nearly left town but thought he would eventually calm down, plus I didn't want to miss out on the family dinner!  But to much disappointment I left dinner after only an hour. 

I am happy to report my kid fell asleep on the ride home and sleep until the next morning totaling 14 hours of sleep and woke up acting more like himself!

Also the pictures that I took at the baptism all came out blurry for some reason, boo! There was one picture that came out that Allison took before we left to the baptism at my in laws house.

No comments:

Post a Comment