Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cooper's 5!!


 



Were has my baby blue eyes gone!  My Cooper James turned 5 years old today at 12:31 pm.  I wasn't sure if I could get through writing this post because how emotional I knew I would become.  Out of all my newborn babies, Cooper was my most difficult.  Cooper never and I mean never slept, it took him about three years to figure out what night time was for!  Not only did Cooper not sleep but I also  had such a hard time adjusting between one child to two.  It was my problem not Cooper's.  I think I had postpartum depression when Cooper was an infant.  And sometimes I think I will spend the rest of my life trying to make up for not being the best mom for my baby Cooper.  I believe that I fought out of the depression I was in and am positive that my Cooper is the reason I am the mom I am today.  Transition from one to two kids was hard on me.  But I eventually figured it out and I am a whole different person because of that circumstance.  But today is not about me its about my Cooper James.  Gone are your newborn days, your mischievous toddlerhood is in the past, and we are know in your elementary school phase of life.

Cooper has been my little buddy at home with me these past several years.  I have really enjoy his company and wonder how Beckett and I will manage when Cooper start Kindergarten in a few weeks.  Cooper has a very funny personality and is extremely friendly.  He seriously doesn't not understand stranger danger!  Cooper will literally walk up to a stranger and ask them if they have a phone or what there doing etc!  Cooper is also very intelligent the kid can read a map, give you directions, program the tv/dvd/ps3.  Cooper has made huge strides in reading this summer.  One of my favorite things about Cooper is his huge heart, he is the first to say sorry and the first to give a hug or want to give me a kiss when he does something wrong.  Allison has a way with her words, Beckett gives the BEST hugs, and my Cooper he gives the BEST kisses!

Some funny things Cooper has said lately:

"Allison I don't ever want you to be bald, you have very beautiful hair."

Beckett was walking and ran right into the chair and Cooper started laughing and asked Beckett if he was seeing birds since he hit his head!

"Some day when Allison is married she will have kids then her kids will have kids and there kids will have kids.  Mom that's A LOT of kids!"

Cooper was talking about his cousin and his girlfriend telling me that because they kiss that means there married!


Some days I cant believe I have three kids let alone a 8 year old, a 5 year old, and a 1 year old.  Time passes so quickly..

                                                                 A picture of the birthday boy this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment