Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Full summer days





We are defintly enjoying our long summer days and late nights!  With many oprtunities of activities to fill our time.  One daily activity is study time, I literally have a daily alert on my phone to remind me!  Cooper is mainly my student this summer, Allison works on worksheets and reads by herself.  I was so worried about teaching Cooper to read mainly because of Allison dyslexic issues.  I found an excellent book "Teach your child to read in a 100 easy lesson's".  Cooper and I have been working on this book (plus other things) for a few weeks.  The lesson are so mapped out it's very similar to school lesson plans, which keep you right on track and lead up to more complex lessons.  I worry with Cooper turning 5 so late in the summer that he will not be mature enough for kinder, but he catches on so quickly that I think he will do fine.  Mothers are just wired to worry!  We are so lucky to live so close to so many of Allison's friends from school.  We literally spend our entire day outside!  I have to drag Allison and Cooper in to eat meals and cool off!  Beckett thinks he is such a big boy and wants to run off with his siblings expect the lazy boy wont WALK!  We have so many things planned for the next several weeks, time is flying by.  I cant believe we are more than half through the summer.  What will I do with two kids at school all day, I am sure I can think of a few billion things lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment