Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Allison's 8th birthday

Planning Allison's 8th birthday was not easy especially planning two events out of town.  I have been planning for this for over two months.










Saturday my daughter turned 8!  Its a bittersweet age, my daughter has always been more than I could have imagined and is truly a special soul.  I will never forget that foggy morning pulling into the hospital parking lot.  I was straight up scared out of my mind!  I remember the exact feeling like it was yesterday, I was afraid of being a good enough mother, I was afraid of the unknown, and most of all I was afraid of the PAIN.  Five hours later my Alli-cat was born and my life began. 

Saturday we had Allison birthday party at the ice skating rink in Odessa.  Unfortunately we had all of Allison's friends cancel on us but one!  Lets just say it was a busy weekend for a party!  I am thankful that Allison's has a ton of cousin's and family that showed up to help celebrate!  Almost everyone ice skated!!  It was fun seeing all the adult cousin out there skating.  Did I mention it was freezing?!  After the kids ice skated we played monster high bingo, and then some of the kids colored there monster high characters.  Once the games were over we had cupcakes and opened presents.  I didn't take a single picture of all the decorations, I spent a ton of time on the theme Monster High, oh well!  I have to say the party was a success!!






Next was the most important part of Allison's birthday, her baptism!  There were a few minor details we had forgotten but were easily fixable.  Everything else went entirely smooth!!  Allison was dressed so beautiful, as her mother I couldn't have been more proud!  Allison was so worried "Does Uncle Manuel know how to get here, does Grandma and Grandad know what time to be here?"  My daughter is so loved by many there were 43 people in attendance.  All of our family came, and all our friends we invited came but one.  The baptism went so well.  My mom gave a beautiful talk on baptism, which I was so thankful for.  Watching my husband the love of my life baptize our daughter was beyond beautiful, words just aren't angelic enough to describe.  Then I was up to talk on the Holy Ghost,  I knew it was going to be hard but I think it went well.  I am so proud of our daughter and will forever cherish her baptism day.  After the baptism I was able to get a few pictures of all the family.  My camera was on the wrong setting so the pictures aren't that great and then it died and I didn't get a picture of just Allison and Richard and with Allison and my mom, I am so bummed about that!  We ended the special day by eating all together.  I feel so blessed to have the family that I do.  My family is my biggest blessing in this life.  I am speechless when it comes to how thankful I am to my in laws the Sanchez, Lujan's, and Morgans.  I know I am probably not what they imagined in a spouse for Richard.  Having my children has opened my eyes and help me realize how important family is.  I strive to be the best person, daughter, sister, wife, mother, daughter in law, aunt, and friend that I can be.  Thanks to everyone who made this day such a special one for our daughter!






1 comment:

  1. Awwww, what a special moment for your daughter and your family. I can't believe she is 8??? That is crazy girl! You look so amazing after having 3 kiddos! You probably never have time to eat...your family is always doing something fun ;)

    ReplyDelete