Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Carlsbad beach







This past Thursday a few of my friends and I took our kiddos to the Carlsbad beach.  I had been invited to the Carlsbad beach a few times last summer but I was very pregnant and not up for the trip.  Carlsbad is about 45 minutes from Hobbs.  I wasn't sure what to expect about this "beach" but was pleasantly surprised!!  The beach has an area covered in sand hence the name beach.  The best part as far as my big kids were concerned was playing in the river which is quite large.  Something we didn't get to do that was available to rent out were paddle boats!  There was also an area to purchase food/drinks, snow cones, and snacks etc.  We loaded up the car with our sand toys, coolers, blankets and made a day out of it at the beach.  The kids had a blast playing with there friends and I had a ton of fun chatting it up with my girlfriends.  Beckett even took a nearly two hour nap while we were there in the playpen.  I am so glad we went and will have to go again, next time we need to hit up the cavers and the huge play structure there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment