Friday, June 21, 2013

June 15, 2013



June 15th is a special day my Aunt Ruthie's birthday, this year she would have been 70!  My thoughts turned to her all day, we were going to plan this huge surprise party for her to celebrate the big seventy, but that didn't happen.  We did however have a party for her tree planting ceremony two years ago but it wasn't quite the same.  Not a single moment passes that I don't think of my Aunt she is sorely missed.  It has not gotten easier some times harder, there are these moments I want to share with her or problems I need her to listen/solve.  Many times I catch myself saying silent prayers telling my Heavenly Father to let her know how much I miss her, how much it hurts, and how much I lover her.

Very fittingly I spent a few hours with my Mom and sister on Saturday.  My Aunt would have liked that.  My Mom and Aunt were best friends.  My Mom was in town for a meeting and we were all able to have lunch together, it was nice.  Seeing my mom re chargers my batteries I miss her so much.  Living away from her is hard, harder than I let my self believe.  I was in denial for awhile.  My mom didn't stay in Midland for long they drove straight back after lunch to FW and my sister and her family left too.  I forgot to mention that I started off my morning walking with one of my best friends who also shares a birthday with my aunt.  After lunch and running errands Richard and I dropped off the kids with my mother and father in law and went to the movies to see the new superman movie.  It was sooooooo nice to get away by ourselves even if it was for a short while.  Our time in Midland didn't last long Richard got called into work and we had to leave and drive back to Hobbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment