Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cooper's Dental apt and other things






Shortly after we moved to Hobbs I had taken the kids back to Midland to there regular pediatric dentist for there 6 month cleanings.  During my pregnancy with Beckett I missed both kids 6 month cleaning apt.   Later I was able to find a dentist here for Allison who would work on children 8 and up but no pediatric dentist for Cooper.  The dentist that we normal use in Midland moved his practice across state to be closer to family.  I eventually was able to find Cooper a new dentist in Midland and after his check up we found out he had a few cavities and no enamel on his teeth.  I took the kids into Midland Sunday afternoon to spend time with my in laws and for Cooper to get some dental work done Monday morning.  With all my family dispersed from Midland its so reassuring to have Richard's family still there.  Spending time with them is such a treat.  I am thankful my children still get to see family on a semi regular basis.  I am also thankful that my in laws help watch my kids while I take one to the doctor.  I was a little nervous how Cooper would handle his dental work, but I felt such peace about that I didn't worry about it which is unlike me.  Cooper did wonderfully especially to the doctors surprise, he didn't cry, flinch, or move a muscle!  The Dr even stated that he had never worked on such cooperative child.  After his appointment we were able to go toy shopping and to grab milkshakes together.  Its interesting to me to go on outings with only one child, because its such a rarity. 

Some times I am taken back by how much Cooper has grown.  Its hard for me to believe he is about to be five.  Allison was such an easy newborn/infant/toddler that the time I had with her before Cooper seems like such a short time span.  My Cooper James on the other hand was the newborn that NEVER slept, the Tasmania devil two year old, the hard to break of the pacifier child, and the never ending potty training kid.  I am happy to say that Cooper has mellowed out to a degree.  Not to say that he doesn't have a temper still because he does, and can be a little hotheaded some times.  But I have really grown to adore all that Cooper is.  Each child has a different personality and there are definitely a few character traits that I adore about Cooper.  Cooper is very aware of my feelings, there is no doubt that he is a mamas boy.  When I am limping around because my back hurts he instantly notices.  When I get angry over something Cooper has done when he misbehaves he is the first to ask for forgiveness.  I know that I struggled with some depression after Cooper was born and I wasn't able to enjoy him like I did my other two kids, I regret feeling that way I really do.  But I believe that Cooper was worth the wait, I enjoy that little guy so much and I try to never miss a moment with him.








No comments:

Post a Comment