Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Forth Worth


 

Thursday we loaded up the Highlander and drove to visit my Mom and Step-dad at there new home in Fort Worth.  They moved back in November and bought a brand new house with three bedrooms, a study, with an upstairs bonus room, hard wood floors, and granite counter tops etc etc etc.  Its an enormous brand spanken new home, done top to bottom!  Also I have to mention how nicely decorated everything is, my mom should have been an interior decorator.  Since we've moved to Hobbs nearly two years ago, I haven't spent any quality time with my mom.  We've seen each other during day trips to Midland for doctor appointments, birthday parties, or baby showers,.  But never more than a few hours.  I was so happy to spend a solid four days with her!  We of course planned a few activities to keep the kids busy, but I am happy to say we had a lot of mother daughter time spent together during this trip.  Every night we went on an hour walk around her new neighborhood.  We made meals together, grocery shopped by ourselves, and even shopped for jewelry.  Now that I know where she lives and that the five hour drive is totally doable by myself I foresee more visits in the future.  I was so sad to leave Monday, but I will cherish every memory made.  The next few post will be about our FW adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment