Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013




Growing up Father's Day wasn't an important day.  Not that I don't love my dad, I owe my very existence to him but he wasn't to crazy about holiday's.  I miss him and think about him often, it blows my mind that he passed nearly 7 years ago.  But since I became a mommy I have a reason to celebrate Father's Day because know I can spoil my children's daddy.  Richard is definitely a hands on dad, waking up in the middle of the night or changing diapers.  I have always described Richard as an amazing newborn daddy, he has a way with our infant children like I've never seen.  Richard is there for doctor appointment, school activity, soccer games, piano recitals etc etc,  On top of normal fatherly duties Richard is there for the ugly stuff to the broken nose, ER trips, hospital stays, frustrated homework melt downs, time outs etc etc.  Not only the ugly moments but Richard also has a special relationship with each child.  We have always been a partnership, a team when it comes to our parenting.  Richard and I have very different personalities but our goals and future plans our the same, and our love for each other is strong.  I couldn't have imagined a better father for our children.  I don't give him enough credit, he is amazing and I am so so thankful!  Happy Father's Day sweetheart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment