Monday, April 1, 2013

Good Friday




I knew Richard would have to work Easter weekend so I decided a while ago that I would spend the weekend in Midland.  The kids didn't have school on Good Friday so I figured I would spend an extra day in Midland. 

Friday I drove into Midland around 11am.  Dropped a carload of things off at my in laws house. Then the kids and I spent the day at my sister Courtney's house.  Long ago I started on a project for Beckett.  While I was pregnant I had the hardest time picking out baby bedding.  I eventually settled on one which unfortunately was on back order.  The month before B was born I got an email stating the bedding was out of stock!  So I was nearly 9 months pregnant searching for baby bedding again!  Eventually I gave up looking after a while.  We were so busy around that time, plus I had a bassinet for Beckett to sleep in, I figured I would find something after he was born.  During this time my sister who was expecting, had similar issues find baby girl bedding she liked.  Being the crafty lady she is my sister decided to make her own!  I was starting to get discouraged and jumped on the make my own bandwagon!  Little did I know what I was getting my self into.  I have the worst luck some times!  I had envisioned the color and fabric theme I wanted, I was just having the worst time finding certain fabrics in stock!  One order I received was the complete wrong fabric.  Around February I gave up on the light blue chevron fabric that I was needing to complete my scheme and I decided to start my bedding with the fabric I had!  This weekend my sister and I finished the comforter and bed skirt, I already finished the crib fitted sheet, and know all that's left is the bumper.  We also made a pacifier clip out of extra fabric we had left over.  My sister has been so patient teaching me.  She supervises and helps fix whatever mistakes I make.  I would never had finished my lil project with out her.  Some times I cant envision how to place things together and she is so creative.  Thank you Ann!!!  I learned so much this weekend I might venture out on my own project, maybe..

No comments:

Post a Comment