Monday, April 8, 2013

Wedding Dress


 




Thursday night I had Richard help me find the tub that my wedding dress is in.  Several years ago while we were visiting my Aunt during the summer, we had a sever flood in our master closet.  Because we were gone three weeks without knowing of the flood we came back to a pretty huge mold mess.  My dress was stored in a tub that had a crack at the bottom.  As a result my dress sustained some damage.  Because of the mold I was told to get ride of everything in the closet.  I decided to cut off the water damaged areas which included my entire train and some of the back of my dress.  Long story short when I realized Allison's baptism was getting close, I originally wanted to make her a dress out of my wedding dress but I knew that wasn't possible.  I still wanted to make something special and decided to make her a handkerchief out of a portion of my dress.  After we pulled out the dress Allison was fascinated and asked to try it on.  I was way to big on her but I clipped it up in the back to stay on her.  Cooper walked in to the living room and said "Allison you look so beautiful!"  I figured once I cut the remaining piece out of the dress she wouldn't be able to try it on again.  I decided to do a lil photo shoot of my daughter in my wedding dress.  I tried on my dress too and wouldn't you know it fits and its to big!  I had to clip it up in order for the straps to stay on, I am probably 10 to 15 pounds lighter.  The fabric is cut and Thursday I will start sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment