Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013!!!



On Sunday our family was finally feeling better so we had decided we would drive into Midland for New Years Eve.  Richard's dad side was having a reunion type get together for NYE (no kids). Although Richard had to work Monday, so we left when he got off work. We drove straight to Midland and dropped off the kids with my sister.  Normally for NYE we stay indoors make a bunch of snacks/deserts, rent movies, and play board games with the kids or my nieces/nephews.  This was probably one of the most exciting NYE we've had in years, surround by Richards family.  I meet so many people I honestly couldn't remember them all, I got many hugs though!  It was nice to be alone with Richard and no kids.  I am sure I talked a bunch of peoples heads off, I hadn't been with adults in several days actually weeks lol.  I am curious to see pictures from this gathering, my sister in law was really great about capturing many moments during the night.  I really enjoyed being able to spend some time with Richard's family since we were unable to be with them this Christmas.  It also makes me excited for all the fun new things happening to our family this year.  I feel like 2013 is going to be an amazing year.








New Years day was fun too.  Richard had the day off, we slept in at his parents house.  Richard got up and got breakfast for everyone.  We all got dressed to run a couple errands. Then spent some time with family.  We also got to open a few Christmas presents and give presents too.  We then headed to Odessa to take Allison ice skating, my niece and her boyfriend tagged along.  While they ice skated I took the boys with me, Cooper played on the play grounds in the mall and took a ride on the lil train ride.  Beckett just sat in my arms and enjoyed the views.  After ice skating we all enjoyed a late lunch at the new Rosa's on the way back to Midland and my lil Beckett sat in a high chair for the first time.  Then we dropped the kids off with my sister and brother in law to play and I dropped of Beckett and Richard at my in laws while I went to watch Le Miserables with my sister Courtney. It was an amazing movie, I felt so lucky to be able to watch it with one of my favorite people.  I cried, I laughed, and remembered.  When I was a little girl my sister Jamie had the sheet music to Le Miserables and she would play songs for me and reenact parts from the play.  As a little girl I would sing Cosette's I have a castle on a cloud.  I believe I had an excellent start to 2013, making memories already!

No comments:

Post a Comment