Thursday, January 3, 2013

Another year



Its been two years today since my Aunt passed away.  I still remember every detail vividly, waiting for the news from my other Aunt in California, I slept with my phone that night.  I remember reading the news of her passing through a text message, and I remember the distinct feeling of a piece of me leaving.  My biggest regret is not being there before she passed.  I try not to think about her death, or the suffering she endured.  I try to think about my Aunts life and the legacy she leaves behind.  The time she gave me of hers.  The nonjudgmental love she gave all.  The words she gave me, words that no one else on this plant could give.  There are very few people in this world that don't judge others, there are even fewer people who give there time willingly to others.  My Aunt was a true example of this.  When she gave you her attention it was given fully with out question.  I have never know a person love like she loved others.  She loved me unconditionally, she loved my husband like her own, and she loved my children as much as she loved me.  I thought is was so cruel to have her taken away from me. I don't have many family members left, with my dad being gone.  I am not sure how I would function if something happened to my mother.  But I know that I will see my Aunt again, I know that my Aunt is an angle in heaven on my side, I know she looks in on us everyday, and I know with out a shadow of a doubt how much she loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment