Tuesday, January 29, 2013

RIP Tiger-Lily

Wednesday night our rabbit passed away.  Richard and I were shocked!  I instantly began to cry, how in the world would we explain this to our daughter and would she ever recover.  I know I am being a bit dramatic, but words can not explain how much my daughter loved her rabbit.  Richard and I sat numb in the living room trying to decided what to do.  Finally we came to the conclusion it was better to wake her up and tell her the news instead of trying to console her before school the next morning.  Allison was in tears, Richard held her while she cried for 35 minutes.  We even moved her into our bedroom for the night as she cried her self to sleep.  The tears didn't stop there through Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Allison would listen to her ipod the song my immortal by evanescence and cry.  Tiger-Lily was wrapped in several garbage bags in a box taped several times.  Allison would go to the box and cry.  It was heart wrenching, it was so hard especially since there was nothing we could really do.  I told Richard can you imagine Allison as a teenager crying over a boyfriend, this kid is EMOTIONAL! 




Since Wednesday Richard had been looking for another rabbit.  Technically its not rabbit season until mid February into March. Friday night we found another Minny Rex rabbit the same brand as Tiger-lily.  This rabbit was a boy but he was black too, and was born in November.  Sunday we made the drive to Tatum New Mexico to pick up our new rabbit which Allison named Toby.  Allison is in love and I am thrilled she is happy.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad :(( I fear the day our dogs pass away...

    ReplyDelete