Monday, January 7, 2013

Thoughts

I don't know why I always feel like I need to explain why I write a certain blog post. 

Yesterday I heard some unsettling news about my friend who is expecting.  Even though the circumstance are completely different it reminded me of my pregnancy with Allison.  Thinking back remind me of memories from my pregnancy with Allison and then Cooper.  I use this blog to keep up to date with family but it is also a journal for my kids to look back on.  So I decided I would add some of my thoughts that I have not written down about my pregnancies with Allison and Cooper.

Allison~ When I went in for my BIG 20 week ultrasound on top of finding out we were expecting a girl, little Miss wasn't so little and was measuring big.  This prompted my Dr to set me up for another ultrasound a month later which then led to an early test for gestational diabetes at 26 weeks.  Most people know that I did indeed end up having gestational diabetes with Allison.  The other concern was that during both ultrasounds Allison did not exert alot of movement which proceeded my Dr to set me up for bi-weekly ultrasounds and bi-weekly stress test on top of regular weekly visits.  And so began my three appointments a week from when I was 28 weeks until I had Allison at 39 weeks and 6 days.  I would go in during my lunch break for stress test twice a week.  Richard would go with me when he could, but most of the time I went by my self.  And the funny thing was every time I went by myself my Alli-cat would refuse to move, which meant another hour stress test and then hospitalization if she wouldn't move.  The nurse would make me drink cold water, turn from side to side, and nothing would make her move.  Finally the nurse recognize Allison would move when Richard was around.  So she suggested I call him, and guess what that lil stinker would move!  On top of all these appointment because of the gestational diabetes I had to meet with a dietitian, change my diet completely, and check my blood sugar levels 5 times a day.  I remember at my last ultrasound with Allison the Dr said she weighed 9 pounds!  At that point the Dr scheduled an induction the day before my due date 05-04-05.  Which was funny I made it to May because I was dilated to a 4 at my 32 week check up.  And since Allison was so big they didn't believe I would ever make it to my due date.  All turned out okay with my labor and Miss Allison was born health and of course the first thing out of my mouth was how much does she weigh.  Turns out the estimates were wrong and she actually barely weighed 7 pounds!  A few things I remember about my pregnancy with Allison was the 24 hour stomach bug I had on the 23-24 of December.  I was so sick that I was really worried about Allison. I let Richard open a Christmas gift early a heart doppler, and for hours we just listened to Allison's heart beat.  While I was pregnant with Allison it was one of my favorite Valentines.  Richard bought me this beautiful necklace, the Jessica Simpson CD, and one of my favorite maternity shirts.  He left all of this in my car while I was at work with a dozen roses.

Cooper~ Its funny that I remember so many details of my pregnancy with Allison but most of my pregnancy with Cooper is a blur.  I remember being pretty sick in the beginning.  Nearly missing Christmas with my in laws because my morning sickness was sooooo bad. (this is totally a pattern I have been so sick during Christmas with all three of my pregnancies!)  I think one of my biggest memories during my pregnancy is that I knew I was having a boy.  With Allison I wanted a boy but I really had no idea what I was having.  With Cooper I was positive he was a boy.  And I will never forget when I called Richard to tell him I was pregnant.  He yelled out to his buddies, my wife is pregnant and its a BOY!  Another clear memory is when I spent a month in California when I was 6 months pregnant.  I bought all of Cooper's baby clothes for the entire first year of his life.  My fondest memory was walking on the beach in California and holding my Alli-cats hand as I could barley see my feet.  I think my pregnancy was a blur because I had no issues, it was a fairly easy pregnancy with no complications.  I also remember having to take the gestational diabetes test and nearly vomiting up that terrible drink, so lol I threw away the last 1/3 of the drink because I knew I was going to fail anyway.  I did fail the first test but passed the second test.  Most of Cooper's pregnancy I felt pretty huge and unattractive, I always tell people never cut off your hair when your pregnant.  Cooper was the only one of the three kids that gave me false labor.  I remember having such bad contractions that I walked up and down the Monclave house, and was swaying my hips while holding on to the counter in the kitchen.  After a hot bath the contractions stopped.  This is probably TMI but I remember being in the bath tub having a stern talk with Cooper, and telling him he need to come out already.  I walked and walked and walked to get that lil guy out early. Like all my other births he was a planned induction.

Those are just a few of my memories:)

No comments:

Post a Comment