Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Looking back on 2012



On the last day of the 2012 I sit back and reflect on what this year had brought me.  The first thought of the past year is my pregnancy with Beckett.   Because lets face it I was pregnant for over half the year!  I did a lot of things while pregnant.  I went camping, had sever contractions during my niece's wedding, or when I walked Sea World for two whole days nearly 9 months pregnant, or the worlds longest fourth of July!  That was a long pregnancy, but the end result was my sweet lil baby boy.  A sweet angle from Heaven who brings me such joy.  I believe babies are suppose to bring you closer and remind you of the tender mercies of the Lord.  I am reminded daily that this lil person needs my help and my love.  Beckett has caused us a few worries, especially after he was born and his troubles with acid reflux.  Then his hospitalization at three months old with bronchiolitis.  And most recently his fight with the flu.  Through it all nothing has stopped us from giving love and enjoying every milestone of Beckett's.  Not only did this year bring us a new member to our family but we had many additions to our family.  My sisters both started out the year with new boyfriends, one is know officially my brother in law as of Christmas day.  Then the arrival of my niece Clara who is only 3 months younger than Beckett, what lil friends they will be growing up.  2012 brought many first for my Cooper James, who started preschool and soccer.  I saw huge changes in my little guy this year, he has definitely grown from my baby to a little boy.  My Alli-cat had a successful year in school and soccer.  I am amazed at how intelligent and truly caring she is, especially to her baby brother.  The beginning of the year of 2012 brought many fun gatherings on the Sanchez side for the impending nuptials for my niece.  We had many showers and wedding festivities.  I got to watch my sweet Cooper James and Alli-cat walk down the aisle as ring bearer and flower girl, then witness the marriage of one of the most beautiful brides.  August brought the news of my littlest sister expecting and my niece and her new husband expecting.  2012 also brought some changes to my side of the family.  My lil sister Heather moved to San Angelo where her boyfriend works.  Then my mother moved to Fort Worth in November to follow my step dad and his transfer there. And more recent news, my oldest sister was accepted in to an elite program with Chevron and moves March 1st to California.  Many things have happened this year, I am so very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment